Centrelink’s Aged Care Specialists
Did you know that Centrelink have Aged Care Specialist Officers?
If you live near in Atherton and surrounding areas, Cairns, Caloundra, Chermside, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Ingham, Mackay, Maroochydore, Nerang, Rockhampton and surrounding areas, South Brisbane, Stanthorpe, Toowoomba, Townsville. Warwick, or Woodridge you may be able to meet with these officers face-to-face to receive information, access and referrals in relation to My Aged Care.
So, what can they do? Centrelink’s Aged Care Specialist Officers can: (this information is taken directly from the Services Australia website)
- providing in-depth information on the different types of aged care services
- checking if you’re eligible for government-funded services and making a referral for an aged care assessment
- helping you appoint a representative for My Aged Care
- providing financial information about aged care services
- connecting you to local support services
For more information or to book an appointment, you can contact the Service Australia’s Aged Care Line on 1800 227 475 or Centrelink’s Older Australians Line on 132 300 between 8am-5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).