If you would like further information, click on the other housing topics or contact Seniors Enquiry Line on 1300 135 500 to have a “Housing Chat”.
There are a lot of factors to consider when planning your housing future. Some of the questions you might ask yourself are:
- Where do I want to live?
- Do I want to stay in my neighbourhood?
- Do I want to stay in my current home?
- How many bedrooms do I want to have?
- Do I want to live in a house, apartment, retirement village, granny flat?
- Do I have family and friends that I want to be close to?
- Will I be able to maintain my home and gardens in the future?
- Is accessible transport available?
- Are the services that I might need, available nearby?
- Will my home require modification?
- How will my financial situation affect my housing options?
- Will my housing decisions affect my eligibility for a pension?