This forum aims to identify risks, then explore and agree on actions we can take together to ensure older people who may be vulnerable to disasters within the Somerset Regional Council area are best supported and protected from future disaster impacts. Lunch and Morning Tea provided. RSVP: Wednesday 31 January 2018.
This forum will provide:
- Identification of the key players for disaster preparedness for older people
- Stories from previous disaster events – in times of disaster what has worked well and what has not?
- Local disaster management arrangements: knowing the people, agencies and processes
- The benefits of good practice disaster preparedness strategies
- The tools and resources available to plan for business continuity and disaster management
- How community based services can improve the capability of older people to prepare for, and respond to natural disastersWho should attend?
- Community based agencies and aged care providers which support vulnerable older people
- Peak bodies for aged care services
- Emergency management agenciesVenue: Somerset Civic Centre, 35 Esk Hampton Road, Esk, QLD 4312Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Simone Hoffmann on 07 3002 7613