QLD Government Seniors Card
What is a Seniors Card?
The Queensland Government provide the Seniors Card in order for Seniors to receive special discounts and concessions from participating businesses and services.
To be eligible for the Seniors Card, you need to:
- Be a permanent resident of Queensland and life in Queensland for at least 6 months of the year
- Your home address must be shown on your drivers license, or be registered as your home address with (at least) 1 of the following:
- Electoral Commission of Queensland
- Commonwealth Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- 65 years or older and working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment
- 60–64 years, working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment and the holder of 1 of the below:
- Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card*
- Commonwealth Health Care Card*
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold, White or Orange card.
Seniors Business Discount Card
If you are between the ages of 60-64 and working more than 35 hours a week in paid employment, you will not be eligible for the Seniors Card however you may be able to receive a Seniors Business Discount Card. This card only provides discounts at participating businesses. If you hold a Seniors Business Discount Card, you will automatically receive a Seniors Card when you turn 65.
How to Apply:
There are a few ways that you can apply for a Seniors Card.
- You can apply for a Seniors Card online
- You can complete a written application and email it to or email@example.com post it to:
Reply Paid 10817 (no stamp required)
Brisbane Adelaide Street QLD 4000
- You can call Seniors Card on 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
What are the benefits?
- Discounts at participating businesses
- Concession on electricity and gas – Queensland pensioners and seniors may be eligible for:
- the Electricity Rebate – $340.85 per year (GST inclusive)
- the Reticulated Natural Gas Rebate – $74.92 per year (GST inclusive). The rebate only applies to reticulated natural gas not gas bottles)
- Concession on vehicle registration
- Discounted public transport through Translink
- Senior Shopper provides discounts on a wide range of items
- Spectacle Supply Scheme provides eligible Seniors with 1 pair of approved spectacles every two years. Please contact the Seniors Enquiry Line or Spectacle Supply Scheme on (07) 3136 3696 for more information.
- Annual Discount on Fishing Permits
- Public Dental Service provides a range of facilities including mobile dental clinics and community dental clinics. Contact 13 Health (13 43 25 84) for more information. To find your nearest public dental clinic, you can view the local Oral Health Services list