Seniors Info - Other States


Phone: 1300 135 090 or (03) 9654 4443

COTA is the peak body representing the wide-ranging needs and interests of older people in the Victorian community and run the Seniors Info line. The service is able to provide information and referral over the phone and also has a office in Melbourne that seniors may go to for assistance in person. For seniors card, please phone 1300 797 210.

Western Australia

Phone: 08 9472 0104

COTA (WA) is Western Australia?s peak non profit seniors? organisation, representing the interests of all seniors in Western Australia. The organisation is able to provide information and referral over the phone.

The Western Australian Seniors Card line is able to provide information and referral over the phone as well as administering the Seniors Card. The line operates between 9am and 3pm on weekdays and is staffed by volunteers.

Australian Capital Territory: COTA

Phone: (02) 6282 3777

COUNCIL ON THE AGEING (ACT) – Working in Partnership with Seniors, the Organisation exists to protect and promote the well-being of all older people. As well as operating the ACT Seniors card, COTA porvides information and referral over the phone.

New South Wales: COTA

Phone: (02) 9286 3860?


COTA (NSW) provides information on all matters of interest to older persons in NSW and those who work with them and care for them. COTA refers inquiries to the best source of information in NSW.

New South Wales: SIS

Phone: 13 77 88

Seniors Information Service (SIS)

Need information about options as you, or a friend or family member, grow older?

Seniors Information Service can help you find answers to questions like these:

  • What concessions am I entitled to for transport, health care or general living costs?
  • Where can I go to learn to use a computer and the Internet?
  • How do I go about applying for a pension?
  • What are my housing options? How do I find out about retirement villages and what they offer? And how do they differ from hostels or nursing homes?
  • Where can I go to volunteer my time and skills, now that I?ve retired?
  • How do I organise support in my home to help me with self-care, housework or gardening?
  • If or when the time comes, how do I find a good nursing home in my local area?

We can give you information and will send you fact sheets on a range of issues. We can also provide contact details for legal, health or financial services that are qualified to advise you, ideally within your local community.

Northern Territory

Phone: 1800 441 489

The Northern Territory Seniors Card line may be able to assist with some enquiries and can be contacted on 1800 441 489.

South Australia: SIS

Phone: (08) 8168 8776

The Seniors Information Service aims to maximise the independence and improve the quality of life of seniors by providing access to free information about the services and facilities available to them. Phone(08) 8168 8776 or 1800 636 368 if you are in regional SA. For seniors card, please phone 1800 819 961.


Tasmania does not have a dedicated information and referral service. People with enquires are encouraged to call the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre on 1800 052 222 which will divert to their local centre, callers can ask to be transferred to a different centre if they are calling for another person.


Seniors Enquiry Line is funded by the Queensland Government and operated by UnitingCare.
The materials and information included on this website are provided as a service to you and do not necessarily reflect endorsement by the Seniors Enquiry Line Program. The Seniors Enquiry Line is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided from outside sources. The information provided is a guide only and should not be substituted for independent legal advice. Groups and workshops promoted on this website are for your information and are not coordinated by or connected to Seniors Enquiry Line Program in any way unless specified.