Cost of Living Payment
What is the Cost of Living Payment?
The cost of living payment is a once-off $250 payment to assist with the cost of living.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible to receive this payment, you must been residing in Australia on the 29th March 2022 and receiving:
- ABSTUDY Living Allowance
- Age Pension
- Carer Payment
- Carer Allowance, but only if you’re not getting another income support payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Double Orphan Pension
- Farm Household Allowance
- JobSeeker Payment
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices
- Youth Allowance for job seekers
- eligible Department of Veterans’ Affairs payments.
The eligible concession cards are all of these:
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Pension Concession Card if you’re not getting an income support payment
- DVA Gold Cards.
What do you need to do to receive the payment
Nothing! No need to submit a claim. If you are eligible, you will automatically receive the payment.
When will you receive this payment?
Payments will start from the end of April 2022.
More information can be found on the Services Australia website or by contacting Centrelink.
For more information please contact the Seniors Enquiry Line on 1300 135 500.