Queensland Seniors Month 2021
Queensland Seniors Week was started by COTA Queensland in 1960.
For the first time, Seniors Week will take place over the entire month of October. The month opens with United Nations International Day of Older Persons on the 1st October and ends with the National Grandparents Day on 31st October.
Throughout October, services across the state will be hosting events to celebrate.
There are events focused around cooking, craft, social connections, exercise or sharing information. You can find in person or virtual events by visiting the COTA Queensland Seniors Month website – https://qldseniorsmonth.org.au/
Here are just a few of the events from around the state:
- Logan Central Respite Centre is hosting an event to demonstrate not only LCRC activities and programs but also craft items made by clients throughout the year. 10am-3pm Saturday 2nd October 2021 at Logan Central Respite Centre (280A Kingston Rd Slacks Creek) RSVP to (07) 3208 6666
- Seniors Morning Tea in the Country is a special morning tea hosted by the Tiaro and Gootchie CWA branches. They are organising a bus to transport Seniors from Maryborough to and from the event. 9am Wednesday 6th October 2021 at Tiaro Memorial Hall RSVP to Lyn (07) 4129 3212 or email email@example.com
- Tablelands Ageing Well Expo is hosted by Tablelands Regional Council. The Tablelands Ageing Well Expo will empower older Tablelanders to live active and healthy lives with improved physical and mental wellbeing. 9:30am-2pm on Saturday 9th October at Merriland Hall Atherton
- CommUnity Seniors Event is a big multicultural event for seniors month organised by Inala Community House. Roast Buffet | Live Music | Latin Dance Performances. 10am-2pm on Monday 11th October 2021 at Our Place Hall (Cnr of Japonica and Robinia St Inala) RSVP by Friday 8th October on (07) 3372 1711
- 2021 Seniors Lifestyle Expo and Luncheon is back thanks to Townsville City Council. Check out the wide range of exhibitors at the Seniors Expo – 9am-1pm Tuesday 19th October at Townsville Stadium. Reserve your FREE tickets to the Luncheon now by phoning the TicketShop 4727 9797 – 10.30am – 1.30pm, Thursday 21 & Friday 22 October at Townsville Stadium (tickets close 6 October)
- Toowoomba Seniors Expo is organised by National Seniors Garden City-Toowoomba branch and Toowoomba City Council. Organised by Seniors for Seniors.9am-3pm Thursday 21st October at Clive Berghofer Recreation Centre
Can’t find the type of event you are looking for? Why not host one yourself!?