The Alzheimer-s Queensland provides a continuum of care for people with dementia, the frail aged and their carers. Services range from information on dementia to helpline to care services through the respite and residential facilities.
The organisation-s aim is to offer a tailored and flexible suite of options for services that are available to people when they want it, where they want it and how they want it. Services are available 24hours daily with support for working carers as well.
- 24hour helpline 1 800 639 331
- 7 Multiservice centres providing respite services; an ACAT assessment is not required
- 3 Residential Facilities with specialist dementia care and dementia design environment
- Home Care Packages in Brisbane North
- In-home specialist dementia nursing care
- Allied Health home visiting wellness and rehabilitation programs including Medicare, DVA, private health fund and home care package options
- Statewide Information, Education and Support including Telephone Support group and Video-conferencing options for isolated and rural and remote members
- Fully Interactive website
- Facts sheets on dementia
- RTO; Nationally accredited courses for professional
- Specialist Dementia Education and Aged Care training and workshop options
- Publications including Dementia Matters
- Drop-in Dementia Care Hub with library and state of the art training facilities