Seniors Information Service (SIS)
Need information about options as you, or a friend or family member, grow older?
Seniors Information Service can help you find answers to questions like these:
- What concessions am I entitled to for transport, health care or general living costs?
- Where can I go to learn to use a computer and the Internet?
- How do I go about applying for a pension?
- What are my housing options? How do I find out about retirement villages and what they offer? And how do they differ from hostels or nursing homes?
- Where can I go to volunteer my time and skills, now that I?ve retired?
- How do I organise support in my home to help me with self-care, housework or gardening?
- If or when the time comes, how do I find a good nursing home in my local area?
We can give you information and will send you fact sheets on a range of issues. We can also provide contact details for legal, health or financial services that are qualified to advise you, ideally within your local community.